De Janssenmolen Visit the website
The Janssenmolen is located on the edge of the Limburg town of Oirsbeek. This belt mill was built between 1877 and 1878. Business soon prospered and the then miller expanded the mill with a warehouse in 1898. In 1936 an electric auxiliary pumping station was placed at the bottom of the mill. Until the 1940s, the mill served as a flour mill that was powered by the wind. After that, the mill stopped and deteriorated. In 1970 the mill was sold to the municipality of Oirsbeek by the Janssen family. The mill was restored on a large scale between 1975 and 1978. The entire exterior was renewed at that time and part of the interior of the mill also received a facelift. The mill served as an instruction mill for new millers for a while, but the miller had to stop these activities for health reasons. Furthermore, the trees in the vicinity of the mill had become so high that the mill could catch much less wind. The mill fell into disrepair and it was an enormous job to get the mill running again. Many restorations followed and the mill was finally operational again in 2013.
Limburg The Netherlands
Share this point of interest