Delden - Diepenheim - Markelo

  • The Netherlands
  • Overijssel
  • Hof van Twente
  • 53.48 km (Approximately 03:08 u)
  • Cycling route 1585578
2835343837473126251113444546737372686974

Delden - Diepenheim - Markelo

  • The Netherlands
  • Overijssel
  • Hof van Twente
  • 53.48 km (Approximately 03:08 u)
  • Cycling route 1585578

Directions

# Description Distance
Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands 0.00 km
28
28 (7471SC, Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands) 8.84 km
35
35 (7471LL, Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands) 9.87 km
34
34 (7471LV, Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands) 10.51 km
Kasteel Weldam (Weldam, 7475MJ, Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands) 12.08 km
Kasteel Nijenhuis (7478 PA, Hof van Twente, Overijssel, The Netherlands) 14.46 km

Sights

Kasteel Weldam

Weldam
7475MJ Hof van Twente

Around the start of the Eighty Years' War, the rectangular rear part of the house that still exists today was built on a square moated site. Not much is known about the building that must have stood before it.

Kasteel Nijenhuis

11
7478 PA Hof van Twente

The Nijenhuis (approximately 200 hectares) is located to the east of Diepenheim. The central part of the current house dates from 1662. In the 19th and early 20th century it was expanded with a total of four towers. The house is the core of an intact country estate. The character of the Nijenhuis estate is park-like: romantic footpaths along the Molenbeek, monumental tree groups and picturesque vistas determine the image.

Pekkedam

Peckedam
7478BL Hof van Twente

You used to find the manor Pekkedam at the beginning of the driveway to Nijenhuis castle. There is hardly anything left of that nowadays. The villa that you find here now dates from 1898.

Kasteel Huis te Diepenheim

Huize Diepenheim 1
7478 RV Hof van Twente

Kasteel Huis in Diepenheim is the oldest castle in Diepenheim. The house was built in 1648 by Berent Bentinck. Since 1925 the house has been owned by Baron de Vos van Steenwijk and his family. The estate has a total area of 180 ha and is freely accessible to hikers. The coat of arms of the Bentinck and Ittersum family with the year 1685 has been incorporated on the beautiful castle gate.

Provided by:

Henriëtte, Noord-Brabant