Zeewolde, Flevoland, The Netherlands
Provided by: Puur Zeewolde, puur plezier
Download the GPX
Starting point is TOP Woldstrand Location: Strandweg 165, at Restaurant fika (parking lot)
- From this location, turn right (beach in the back) and after about 300 meters turn left (sloping path down) onto the Heermoes.
- Weteringplein begins at the end. On the lawn is a sculpture by Carel Visser with the title Salami.
- Follow the path of Weteringplein, keep following the right side of the water. This path changes into the Weteringpad and keep following this path.
- Almost at the end of the Weteringpad you will come across the artwork Sea Level, by Richard Serra. This artist indicates the sea level with this artwork. The two walls cut into the slope of the De Wetering landscape park.
- Keep following the path straight ahead. The De Verbeelding pavilion is located in the pond.
- On the left just before the edge of the forest you will find a white stone building with a fresco on the open area (grass). A watercolor painting on wet lime painted by the artist Jan van de Pavert.
- Go back to the paved path and keep following the path, through the tunnel.
- At the end of the path (t-junction) turn left and immediately take the first left again (direction RCN Vakantiepark Zeewolde).
- Then turn right into the first road (marking point on the right, Clubhouse of Youth 19NU, called the Groene Schuur).
- Follow this road and before Natuurkampeerterrein"De Banken\\\" turn right and immediately turn right onto the mountain bike route. Immediately to the right between the conifers a yellow structure looms and slightly to the left a black version; The Remembered Self / The Forgotten Self by Ulf Rollof.
- Follow this forest path (will return to the paved path) and keep to the right, and follow this path until the ANWB post, turn left here. You are now walking towards the water again.
- On the dike turn left, back towards Zeewolde (reference point RCN Vakantiepark Zeewolde).
- On this part of the route you will find two more works of art (just before the Horsterveer). Outside the dike, on the right you pass a round body of dike with a fence. The sanctuary of herman de vries (written in small letters by the artist on request) where nature can become nature. In other words, no nature maintenance is carried out here.
- Inside the dike, on the left, are the corten steel columns by Evert Strobos.
- Follow the path to the starting point, TOP Woldstrand.
Share this route with others