The avid France or Germany visitor knows them well. The routes-des-vins or Deutsche Weinsstrassen. Beautiful routes where you can take a trip by car or bicycle along vineyards, encounter numerous sights along the way and of course you can taste the best wines from the region along the way. The winegrowers have tasting rooms with of course the possibility to buy a bottle or a box of the selected wine. The Achterhoek has three wine routes. The routes lead through all the vineyards in the region. By car or by bicycle. Fine tasting or buying wine on the way? No problem! There is every opportunity for this in the Achterhoek. Wine Route 1: West-Achterhoek The route is indicated on the basis of bicycle sales points and is circular. The route can be started at any desired point and can be driven by car or scooter. Vineyards along the route: - Vineyard De Nieuwe Baankreis, Almen, www.denieuwebaankreis.nl - Vineyard Kranenburg, Vorden, www.wijngoedtreinburg.nl - Vineyard Elanova, Vorden, www.elanova.nl - Wijnhoeve Kunneman, Geesteren Gld., www. Wijnhoevekunneman.nl Along the way we also pass the following sights: Mill Agneta Agneta is a peeling, oil and flour mill built in 1851. In 1914 the mill was converted into a saw and flour mill. The mill has one saw frame and one pair of grindstones consisting of artificial stones with a diameter of 140 cm. Today, however, electric sawing is mainly used. Ruurlo Castle is a castle and estate. Ruurlo Castle is mentioned as early as 1326 and has been in the hands of the Dutch noble family Van Heeckeren since the 15th century. Because the castle was permanently built in all previous centuries, the building consists of a mixture of architectural styles. Medieval walls still exist, especially in the basement. Almost the entire left side of the house is 16th century with the large square tower taking its present form in 1572. The"loose\\\" tower at the back was added at the beginning of the 17th century, the wall on this side was provided with new gables in the 19th century. Important parts of the interior date from the Huis De Voorst, built by Arnold Joost van Keppel, which was transferred to Ruurlo in the 19th century. Just before the restoration in the early eighties, the castle was the location for the television series'De Zevensprong\\\' after the book by Tonke Dragt. The VVV in Ruurlo has organized a bicycle tour through the village with"de Zevensprong\\\" as the theme. The"Jonker Joostpad\\\" is another walking/cycling tour around the castle, in which Joost van Heeckeren, squire and lord of the castle from the 16th century, talks about the local heritage. Today, the castle is a popular wedding venue. In 2003, next to the castle, the orangery from 1879 was rebuilt, which serves as a tea house and is rented out for special occasions. And finally Molen Ons Belang. This mill is capable of turning, but is used for other purposes. A theater is currently located in the mill on the ground floor.