Schans bij het Pannenhuis Visit the website
From 1672 onwards the English, French and Germans fought against the Republic. Republican soldiers withdrew behind the Schans at the Pannenhuis. Enemy soldiers stayed in the inns and with residents of Oosterhout. This is also the case in the Pannenhuis. Owner Cornelis Bus declared the billeted soldiers 62 guilders and 8 stuivers. In the area the English caused a lot of damage to forests, fields, crops, houses and barns. The village council decided: after six o'clock no more beer for the English.
4911 BS Oosterhout
North Brabant The Netherlands
Share this point of interest