St. Willibrordus kapel
The Gothic chapel dates from the 16th century and is located on the provincial border between Limburg and North Brabant. In 1641 the chapel was restored (facing brick) by order of Adam Schellart van Obbendorp and Aleida van Wittenhorst. Restored again in 1770. The open bid hall was added in 1896. The chapel was restored in 1968. At the chapel is the St-Willibrordsput, known as the holy well. Legend has it that Saint Willibrord preached and baptized at this original place of sacrifice and meeting. In the chapel is a Willibrord statue from the mid 17th century and a reredos from the 18th century.
The Boundary between Cuijk and Kessen
5862 BA Venray
Limburg The Netherlands
Share this point of interest