The first written mention of Kalbeck Castle dates from 1326, when Count Reinald II of Gelre gave the house to Dirk Loef III of Cleves on loan. The fiefdoms who lived in the castle alternately supported Gelre and Cleves. From 1473 Ambt Goch officially belonged to the Duchy of Cleves. It then passed into Prussian hands in 1614. The lock is currently privately owned.
North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
Share this point of interest