Basiliek van de H.H. Wiro, Plechelmus en Otgerus
The origins of the basilica of the HH Wiro, Plechelmus and Otgerus go back to the eighth century when the priests Wiro, Plechelmus and Otgerus founded an abbey. Since then, the building has been restored several times, including by Pierre Cuypers between 1880 and 1883. A major restoration took place after the Second World War. On their departure from Odili? Nberg and other villages in the area, the German troops blew up tall buildings, such as this basilica. The Germans wanted to prevent the Allies from using the buildings as viewing points. After the war, the church was restored.
6077 AA Roerdalen
Limburg The Netherlands
Share this point of interest