This state in the Frisian village of IJsbrechtum was built in 1625. Several grietmen of Wymbritseradeel lived here for a long time. In the 13th century there was already a wooden house on this location with stables and gardens. There was also a country house in the forest that is now located between the gate and the church. The country house was demolished around 1450, but remains of it can still be found. The garden around the house is designed in the English landscape style. However, there is not much of it anymore. In the course of the twentieth century, the park has acquired the character of a forest. At the beginning of the 21st century, the then owner attempted to restore the park to its original state, but failed. In the spring, many crocuses grow in the garden and snowdrops and yellow anemones also grow. That gives the park a colorful appearance. So be sure to take a detour here.
Friesland The Netherlands
Share this point of interest