Chapel or cross


On the old Market Square of Eksel a wooden place of worship was built in 1770 and was named "Het Cruys". The patroness was St. Barbara, also the patron saint of the old village militia. In the 2nd half of the 19th century, the current stone chapel was built with the financial support of a few Teuten families who lived on the Market Square. It was dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes. The black cross above the entrance door still refers to the former Chapel of the Cross and its current name.

Visit us

3941 Hechtel-Eksel
Flanders Belgium

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser