De Fleringer Molen Visit the website
The Fleringer Molen was built in Tubbergen in 1846. From 1822, an oil flour mill stood on the site of this mill. In 1844, that mill was destroyed by fire and the Fleringer Mill was erected there two years later as a replacement. The Fleringer Molen was raised, so that the mill could catch enough wind. The mill served as a flour mill and a hulling mill. Over the years the mill had different owners and in 1936 the mill came to a standstill. A new owner bought and restored the mill in 1937 to ensure that the mill was not demolished. In 1955 the mill was transferred to the municipality of Tubbergen. The mill was restored again, but that did not ensure that the mill became operational again. New restorations followed in 1975 to get the mill running again. In 2009 a lot of work was again done on the mill. Both rods were repaired and the stone hull and beam layers were also restored. The mill has been operational ever since.
Overijssel The Netherlands
Share this point of interest