De Vilsterse Molen Visit the website
This mill from 1858 served as a flour mill for over a hundred years. Around 1900 the mill was largely destroyed by a lightning strike, but the mill was rebuilt again with parts from an old mill from Dalfsen. That mill was put up for sale because the owner could not meet his debts. Due to the use of mill parts from another mill, De Vilsterse Molen still has a remarkable appearance. After 1945 the mill fell out of operation and from 1960 the mill deteriorated rapidly. A wooden rod broke off and in 1964 the scaffolding came down during a storm. The outside of the mill was completely renovated in 1967. The interior of the mill had already been removed and replaced by silos. From 1993 onwards, attempts were made to make the mill grindable again to be able to grind grain. Since 1997 the mill has been running regularly to grind grain.
Overijssel The Netherlands
Share this point of interest