Molen Geertruida Cornelia Visit the website
This ground sailor dates from the end of the 19th century. The permit to build this mill was applied for in 1893, but the mill was not completed until 1895. This was because the applicant for the permit had died in the meantime. In 1896, a machine grinder was installed next to the mill. In 1935 the mill came to a standstill because a rod was broken. Both rods were then removed and the machine mill took over all the work of the mill until 1972. In this year the mill broke and therefore nothing was ground at all in the mill complex. From 1998 the mill and the accompanying miller's house were restored on a large scale. First the masonry and foundation were tackled, then the beams were replaced and the floors renewed, new crawling posts were dug in and new grass was sown and even the paving around the mill was renewed. The opening of the new mill took place on 1 July 2000.
Gelderland The Netherlands
Share this point of interest