Molen De Hoop

Visit the website
The mill on this site has already had several predecessors. The current mill has been there since the end of the 19th century. You can visit this mill on Saturday. The first standard mill was built on this site in 1860. This mill was later demolished because the mill had fallen into disrepair. The mill was then replaced by an octagonal tower mill, but this mill burned down in 1887. The mill was rebuilt with parts from the Zwolle oil mill De Hoop. The mill was restored several times because the mill fell into disrepair time and again. This was because the mill was not running sufficiently and was not well maintained. In 2004 the mill was finally saved from transition by a new enthusiastic buyer. In 2005 the mill was again thoroughly restored to make the mill operational again. Since then the mill has been well maintained and flour is even ground in it from time to time.

Visit us

3862PB Nijkerk
Gelderland The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser