Molen De Korenbloem Visit the website
This flour mill was built in 1870. A year later a miller's house was added. The mill has had different owners over the centuries. At the beginning of the 20th century, the miller at the time placed a grinding chair with a petrol engine in the mill as an auxiliary pumping station. Furthermore, the mill was continuously improved to make grinding even easier. For example, in 1935 Dekker blades were installed to make the mill more streamlined. In 1930 the company was expanded with a warehouse to increase the trade in grain, animal feed and fertilizers. In 1944 the mill was damaged in the war. The rod, the hood and the grinding loft were damaged. Shortly after the liberation, the mill was restored to its former glory. The mill was used for milling until 1948, but then the mill came to a halt. In 1972 the mill was bought by the municipality to prevent further deterioration of the mill. In 1990 the mill was put back into use.
Limburg The Netherlands
Share this point of interest