Molen de Hoop Visit the website
Molen de Hoop in Swartbroek dates from 1788, but the mill has not always stood on this spot. In 1905 the mill was moved from Vlaardingen to the church village of Swartbroek. Here the mill was rebuilt without a scaffolding. In 1935, the miller at the time adapted the interior of the mill and in 1938 he replaced all kinds of other parts of the mill. The mill was thoroughly restored between 1954 and 1955. The mill then ran without problems for six months, but then everything went wrong. The end result was the mill's standstill. Around 1970 a demolition permit was even applied for, because the mill had become so dilapidated. It was not until 1981 that the mill was restored and returned to its original state as a tower mill. De Hoop is one of the few Limburg scaffolding mills. Wheat, rye and buckwheat are still ground by a professional miller in the De Hoop mill.
Limburg The Netherlands
Share this point of interest