St. Odamolen

Visit the website
The bell gristmill Sint Oda was built between 1884 and 1885. The mill is named after the saint who is worshiped in a chapel in Boshoven. Over the years, the mill has been restored several times. In 1905, for example, the wooden ash head of the mill broke. The mill was then repaired and provided with an iron shaft and rods, so that this could not happen again. Between the years 1959 and 1960 the mill was again restored. The mill was then used intensively for many years and therefore the mill could use a facelift. Mainly rye and buckwheat was ground in the company, although the demand for rye continued to decline as more people started to eat white bread. From 1961, the mill was used more for grinding retail flour and grinding pet food. In 2002 the company came to an end. In 2008 the mill ran again, but the mill has now come to a standstill. Nowadays the mill is no longer capable of turning.

Visit us

6002AC Weert
Limburg The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser