Molen de Onderneming

Visit the website
The mill was built in 1851 as a grist and hulling mill. It is a wooden octagonal top porter with a stone substructure. In 1930 the mill fell out of operation because mills with diesels or electric motors had taken over the function of the mill. During the Second World War, the mill was put back into use to grind grain on a small scale. This lasted until 1950 after which the mill came to a standstill again and fell into disrepair. In 1952 the mill was purchased by the Oud-Wieringen foundation, which partially restored the mill in 1964. After 1964 the mill was maintained, but only turned every now and then. Both grinding seats were missing, so the mill could not grind. A second major restoration was carried out in the period 1997-2000, after the mill came into the ownership of the De Wieringer Molens association in 1991. Since 2000, volunteer millers have been running the mill regularly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, when the mill is open for visitors. In 2021 a new mill fine will be placed next to the mill.

Visit us

Koningsweg 75
1777 HE Hippolytushoef
North Holland The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser