Molen de Korenbloem Visit the website
The mill is the only mill in South Holland with a wooden top shaft and cast iron head. Millers on this former glory mill and oldest mill on this island were obliged until 1918 to grind a bag of wheat free of charge once a year for the poor of the village. From 1881, successively L. Vink and W. Landheer were millers / owners. The latter had a 25 HP internal combustion engine installed in an outbuilding next to the mill in 1912. After Landsheer, three members of the Meyer family worked the mill professionally until 1973. In the past, the mill also had a peeling stone, the peeling box, tubs and peeling tin are still present in the mill. In 1973 the mill became the property of the municipality of Sommelsdijk, which restored the mill in 1975-77. On that occasion, the auxiliary engine was removed and sold to the Machine Museum in Zwolle. The Molenstichting Goeree-Overflakkee has been the owner of the mill since 1988 and had a new restoration carried out on the mill in 2003/2004.
3245 BM Goeree-Overflakkee
South Holland The Netherlands
Share this point of interest