Molen Sancto Antonio

Visit the website
This mill in Halsteren is also known as the Sint-Antoniusmolen. It is a flour mill from 1817 that was built by order of some bakers from Bergen op Zoom. The white round mill is located just outside the village center of Halsteren, along the main road to Bergen op Zoom, and the name of the mill comes from the saint to which this mill is dedicated. The mill was owned by several families who made frequent use of the mill. The mill burned down in 1826, but was quickly restored afterwards. During the war the mill was damaged again and it was repaired between 1947 and 1948. The rods of the mill were then replaced. In 2002 the inner rod broke during grinding. The mill continued to grind with one rod for a while, but finally the mill was restored again in 2004. Today the mill is still running by a miller.

Visit us

Sancto Antonio 57
4661KM Bergen op Zoom
North Brabant The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser