De Molen van Singraven
Waterwheel mill

De Molen van Singraven

The Singraven Mill is a watermill with three undershot wheels. The mill was built in 1448 and the mill is located on the Dinkel near Denekamp. On the left bank of the Dinkel is the former oil mill and on the right bank is a flour mill and a sawmill. The water mill is located on the Singraven estate. That's where the name of the mill comes from. The oil mill was completely destroyed by war in 1597 and the flour mill was badly damaged. Later these mills were rebuilt and new functions were added to the mill. For example, a gin distillery was built in the mill. In 1829, a new owner had the mill restored and expanded with a bakery and a sawmill. In 1915 the mill was again restored by a new owner and the oil mill was demolished and rebuilt on the old foundation. The flour mill and sawmill remained in operation until the 1960s. Later, the mill was restored and made grinding again. Today the mill is regularly open to visitors in the summer months.

Visit us

Watermolen van Singraven
7588RN Dinkelland
Overijssel The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser