Landgoed het Laer

There is an old manor on this estate. It is unknown when the house was built exactly, but it was first mentioned in 1382. This building was nothing more than a refined farmhouse with a special gentleman's room for the owner. In 1742 Johan Lodewijk bought the farm together with his wife and had the manor renovated in a classical style. He also had an impressive park built with a long driveway at the front and a grand canal. In 1850 the house was rebuilt and expanded in neoclassical style. The current country house was the result of this. In 1932 the house was bought by the municipality of Ommen, which has preserved the cultural-historical monument. A few years ago, the country house was completely renovated in style and transformed into the fairytale location it is today. On the wooded estate you will find a special semi-circular garden arbor, an ice cellar, an orangery and a pigeon tower.

Visit us

7731 AV Ommen
Overijssel The Netherlands

Share this point of interest

See Routiq in...
  • Routiq Logo Routiq App
  • Browser Browser