Molen Geertruida Cornelia
This ground sailor dates from the end of the 19th century. The permit to build this mill was applied for in 1893, but the mill was not completed until 1895. This was because the applicant for the permit had died in the meantime. In 1896, a machine grinder was installed next to the mill. In 1935 the mill came to a standstill because a rod was broken. Both rods were then removed and the machine mill took over all the work of the mill until 1972. In this year the mill broke and therefore nothing was ground at all in the mill complex. From 1998 the mill and the accompanying miller's house were restored on a large scale. First the masonry and foundation were tackled, then the beams were replaced and the floors renewed, new crawling posts were dug in and new grass was sown and even the paving around the mill was renewed. The opening of the new mill took place on 1 July 2000.
Huize 't Ross
't Ross 14
7245 NK Lochem
Huize 't Ross is located in the quiet and green area between Laren and Lochem. It cannot be said with certainty, but this country estate was probably founded in 1700 by the Dumbar family from Deventer. This family was of Scottish descent, which may explain the name of this mansion. Ross is the name of a county in Scotland. The house was rebuilt in 1867 and in 1890 an upper floor was built on top of the former house. At the beginning of the 20th century, the manor and the land around it were sold. A large part of the forests were also cleared.
Groot Have 39
7218 AC Lochem
Thanks to the efforts of a large number of volunteers, Museum STAAL can tell beautiful stories about Almen and its surroundings, 'the land of Staring', based on the life and works of ACW Staring and his family. With a lot of commitment and knowledge, volunteers guide activities, give guided tours and workshops, supervise and talk enthusiastically about the museum. Without these active and motivated volunteers, the exploitation of the museum is not possible.
De Warkense Molen
The Warkense Molen was built in 1878. Fairly soon after construction, the mill was assisted by a petroleum engine to be able to grind even when there was no wind. This engine was installed in 1899 in a small engine room inside the mill. In 1922 a larger engine room was built outside the mill. This room is still there between the mill and the bakery museum. Yet for a long time wind power played the leading role in this mill. Later only in wartime milling was done exclusively on wind power. For the rest, milling was mainly done with machine grinding companies. In the 1980s, wind-powered milling was last used for the animal feed company when the machine mill was temporarily broken. The mill has been restored several times over the years. For example, the wooden blades of the mill were replaced by metal blades and the wooden mill shaft was replaced by a cast iron shaft.