Around Bergumermeer

  • The Netherlands
  • Friesland
  • Tytsjerksteradiel
  • 26.79 km (Approximately 01:34 u)
  • Cycling route 114696
628382797574707169665462

Around Bergumermeer

  • The Netherlands
  • Friesland
  • Tytsjerksteradiel
  • 26.79 km (Approximately 01:34 u)
  • Cycling route 114696
We start this cycle route in the center of Bergum. Bergum is characterized by the 11th century Cross Church and the 'Poppestien' (\\\ 'Babysteen'), a large boulder that lies in the village and which has some folklore attached to it. For example, the stone would help in having children. From junction 62 we cross the Prinses Margrietkanaal towards junction 84. The Prinses Margrietkanaal divides the Bergumermeer into a northern and a southern part. The Bergumermeer is a popular water sports area with several marinas. In the summer you will be amazed during this cycling route. On the way to junction 62 we come across the De Hoop windmill. We cycle further in the direction of Oostermeer (in Frisian Eastermar). The surroundings of Oostermeer are characterized by a scenic landscape with hedgerows. A bocage landscape is a semi-open landscape that has the character of a stage with bocage due to the planting and buildings. A little further we cross the Margrietkanaal again in the direction of Noordbergum. Noordbergum belonged to Bergum until 1930, when it became an independent village. At the end of the nineties the population has certainly increased considerably, making Noordbergum now the fourth village of Tytjerksteradiel, after Bergum, Hardegarijp and Giekerk. From Noordbergum we cycle further in the direction of Bergum. Here we can enjoy the real Frisian delicacies. Friesland is characterized by its many water and associated harbors. Along the way we come across, among others, Watersportbedrijf De Lits and also Jachthaven Zwartkruis BV

Sights

De Hoop


9262NE Sumar
http://www.allemolens.nl

This wooden octagon was installed in 1867 as a replacement for a corn and hulling mill, which went up in flames in 1881. The tower mill was used until 1947, but then deteriorated. After repairs, the mill was made ready for use. It is open for visitors on Saturdays.

Watersportbedrijf De Lits


9261ZB Tytsjerksteradiel

Jachthaven Zwartkruis B.V.

JH Zwartkruis B.V.
9257DV Tytsjerksteradiel

Provided by:

Groots Genieten